Our Mission Statement and Core ValuesApril 23, 2021 - 1 minute read
The mission of the Dog Aging Project is to conduct rigorous scientific research designed to define, explain, and ameliorate the effects of aging. To achieve this mission, we have built a community of volunteers and researchers united by a shared love for dogs and committed to helping dogs and humans live longer, healthier lives—together.
At the Dog Aging Project, our decisions are guided by our Core Values:
- We conduct rigorous scientific research using an interdisciplinary approach that encourages innovation.
- We build opportunities for collaboration, partnership, and growth that allow us to solve complex problems together.
- We value ethical behavior over expediency, which means we prioritize and ensure animal safety and welfare, maintain participant privacy and security, and practice participant and canine advocacy.
- We commit to transparency in all that we do, which includes sharing our scientific methods, making the data we collect openly available, declaring our funding sources, and communicating clearly with our team, our partners, and the public.
- We engage the public as citizen scientists, present evidence-based information in an accurate and accessible way, and provide educational opportunities for our participants.
- We foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive working environment that is a growth opportunity for all and encourages a healthy work-life balance.
- We act with kindness, compassion, and respect toward all, including our team, our participants, our partners, and the public.